In today’s world, over 4.5 billion users have taken advantage of the web for different purposes. This means users come on the internet to learn, educate, market, acquire information, network, connect and do many more valuable actions that yield.
Business owners and marketers have transformed their conventional ways of marketing into digital ways. They learned how to efficiently utilize marketing tools and strategies to reach the right audience in the digital space. In this situation, standard marketing tools like email, social media, websites, blogs are being put into visible action to reach their users.
- Why come online and only think of interacting with your friends and family?
- Why try to meet new people around the world and network with them for friendship only?
- Why not inform them of the value you offer and how you can be of help?
One of the marketing tools online is blogging. The act of blogging involves educating and projecting valuable content about your knowledge in specific areas and creating brand awareness for your business or skills.
You can inform your networks about your offers and how they intend to improve their lives. This brings us to digital marketing. This article introduces digital marketing and blogging to beginners. If you aim to learn digital marketing as a personal skill or to position your business along the right path of marketing, read till the end.
WHAT IS DIGITAL MARKETING?
Digital marketing widely involves the utilization of multiple online tools such as websites, blogs, social media platforms, email systems, online ads, and more to promote your brand and reach out to the right audience for your business. These platforms warrant different content strategies. The context behind the content on different websites is different because it targets a certain objective at that moment. And the kind of content these online tools project carry different contexts and objectives. As a business owner, you may choose to educate and connect with your audience using a blog post, while you introduce the latest products to them with your email system. Social media itself contain powerful content ideas that are currently working if utilized well.
DIGITAL MARKETING VS CONTENT MARKETING
The digital market is the adoption of these marketing tools to connect, engage, educate and sell to your ideal clients. Content Marketing has to do with the content you place on these channels. The context of content varies. Therefore, you must understand the goals of your content and what your look forward to achieving.
Content Marketing simply means scheduling the right content valuable for the right audience on different online platforms. Research helps in identifying the right content for your audience at every level of a customer relationship. Before you can convert your audience into your loyal customers, you need to walk them through different levels of conversion with the right content.
Digital Marketing involves the usage of online platforms to market while Content Marketing includes creating the right content for every online tool required for good marketing.
Every blog is created to carry the context of information that differs but most importantly this information is valuable. Some bloggers create blogs to communicate certain topics they like and build an audience around it while others create blogs to pass messages and helpful ideas on DIY (Do It Yourself) stuffs. Businesses have bloggers that write marketable content about the products they offer. The purposes are to educate and engage their audience about the realness of their services, introduce new products, teach them how products are used, and more.
Meanwhile, blogging happens to be a marketing tool for businesses to connect with their audience. You can practice content marketing with blogging and include various content strategies and ideas. An example is an award-winning digital marketing agency (ADHANG AGENCY) that offers IT solutions and marketing strategies to business owners. They have been utilizing digital marketing for businesses and they keep generating desirable results for these brands.
REASONS WHY BLOGS ARE CREATED.
- To showcase knowledge around a field and build an audience interested in this knowledge
- To network with others and grow a business
- To make a living and be self-employed
- Businesses use blogs to engage and educate their audience about the market and products
- Creative expression of personal issues
If you would like to create a personal blog to express yourself and create listening ears or your business growth depends on it, follow these steps.
- Pick an interesting niche (desired niche)
- Select a blogging platform.
- Get a domain and web hosting (You will have your blog accessible online with the help of hosting and domain).
- Install WordPress software or any suitable blogging software with relevant themes.
DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIES (TOOLS).
- Social media platforms: includes marketing through various social media platforms with the right content
- Email marketing: involves mastering and applying required email strategies to sell.
- Affiliate marketing: simply means promoting other people’s products and services to get commissions from the owners after generating revenue.
- Influencer market: can also be seen as celebrity power to sell products. If you wish to apply this strategy, Search for famous people on each social platform, deal with them and have them promote your brand. People trust most of these influencers and will easily trust products and services promoted by these influencers so far they offer value.
- Content Marketing/Blogging: as said earlier in this article you can practice content marketing with blogging.