There’s a reason why the adage “health is wealth” exists. It also applies to your eye health! In today’s digital age, increased screen time causes significant strain on your eyes. As a result, it’s critical that you take a moment to give them a break.
You can also try some of these eye exercises to improve your eye health with Knowledge Glow
1. Eye Muscle Exercise
Regular eye muscle exercise can help you build elastic eyesight and maintain your visual health. How? Go to a window and stretch your eyes as far as you can. This improves your overall vision.
- Look as far away from a window as you can.
- Focus on nothing while looking far.
- Relax your eyes.
- Refocus your attention on what is in front of you.
- Every 90 minutes, practice by looking at something far away.
2. Smooth Pursuit Stimulus
This eye exercise helps to stabilize movement on visual targets in the retina. It only requires a pen and a friend.
- Maintain your focus.
- Request that your friend moves a pen from left to right.
- Maintain your focus on the pen as it moves.
- Perform this exercise ten times.
3. Coordination & Zooming
This exercise improves your eye-hand coordination while also increasing your focus when viewing objects up close.
- Keep your thumb between your eyes on your nose.
- Move your thumb away gradually, focusing on the tip of your thumb.
- When your thumb has reached its farthest point, shift your attention to what is behind the thumb.
- Return the thumb to its original position.
- Repeat ten times more.
4. Make Figure 8
Making a figure eight with your eyes improves your control over physical eye movement.
- Hold your finger up. Draw a figure eight at eye level using your fingernail.
- Keep both eyes on the finger as it moves.
- Check that your finger isn’t too far away from the edge of your face.
- Repeat for 30 seconds before switching directions.
- Stop and rest if you experience nausea or dizziness.
Here’s How Eye Exercises Help
Eye exercises to aid in the strengthening of your eye muscles as well as the improvement of blood circulation. Not only does it help improve muscle tone, but it also helps you achieve clearer vision. The goal of these exercises is to reduce eye fatigue and improve the efficiency of your eyes.
To ensure your eyes are in good shape, get plenty of rest, eat nutritious foods, and take regular screen breaks.
What kinds of eye exercises do you do? Tell us in the comments section below.