As an Adsense publisher, you want to earn money from Adsense, no doubt, but at the same time, you don’t want particular advertisers advertising on your website or blog.
Therefore, you are searching for solutions such as “How To Block Specific Google AdSense Ads”. No worries, you’re on the right page. In this short guide, I answered the questions you and other bloggers in a similar situation are searching which are “How do I block AdSense ads on my website” or “How do I stop AdSense irrelevant ads”.
The reason for stopping certain advertisers from showing on your website can be any of the following:
- same trade with what you do
- the advert is not in line with your belief
- you know or perceive that the advert pays poorly
- the advert isn’t relevant to your blog/site
Then what are the steps to stop these advertisers you don’t want advertising on your site?
4 STEPS TO STOP CERTAIN ADSENSE ADS FROM APPEARING ON YOUR BLOG OR SITE
- Copy the URL of the landing page or the URL shown on the advert, for example, xyz.com (please don’t click on the advert to look for the web address as clicking advert on your site is against the AdSense TOS).
- Log into your Adsense account.
- Click on “Blocking Controls”.
- Then under “Advertiser URLs” click on “Manage the Advertiser URLs”. From there add URLs of the advertisers you want to block, and click search, it will give you the option either blocked or allowed. By default, all URLs are on “allowed” unless you block them.
Currently, the above is a way to block a particular advertiser. Another method that can help a bit is reviewing ads that will appear on your website through the “Blocking Controls”.
To review ads that will appear on your website. Go to the “Blocking Controls” in your Google Adsense account, and click on “Prioritized for Review”. Here you will see a lot of ads, then you can look at ads and block as many as you wish.
Final note: The guide above assumed you want to stop certain ads, not entire Google Adsense ads from showing on your website. If you need to stop all ads from showing on your website, simply remove the Google AdSense code on all the pages of your website.
365technoblog is a No.1 source for technology related tips and discussions – app, IT security, smartphones, etc. 365technoblog also welcomes guest’s writers.